Sunday, March 15, 2009

And you can be a Mama Mio too


So what do Jessica Alba, Milla Jovovich and Christina Aguilera and a host of other celebrities have in common with little ole moi?

Why, they're super moms and they've tried Mama Mio products.

Developed by three moms in the UK, who also happen to be be experts in the beauty field, the focus of the line is skincare for moms. We all know that the skin goes through so many changes, especially through pregnancy, but also beyond. The product is also made with safety of ingredients in mind.

I would have loved if these products were available when I was pregnant with both my kids, the number one reason being the ingredients and the scent. The one thing that I shied away from while pregnant and nursing was anything that was too fragrant, and then certainly because I was holding my babies so close to me, anything that I was "wearing" they would ultimately be wearing too. But no matter, I'm still a "supermama", and I think any woman would appreciate this product, being mother or not. Smart ladies though, this is a niche that has obviously met a need in the market, because mamas are now not just about their babies anymore. We are making time for ourselves (even if only micro-milliseconds).

I was lucky enough to try a few of their products, and I'll share my thoughts with you here:

1/ Moisturising Shower Cream: This goes on so nicely, with a lovely calming scent. It feels like you're hydrating, but not as if you're slathering yourself with cream. Once it rinses off, that's it. Very clean sensation, and you can also use it in your bath.

2/ O-Mega Body Oil - The one not so great thing I inherited from my Dad's side of the family are my scaly-dry limbs. This body oil goes on without an oily feel. This was probably my favourite of all the items I tried.

3/ Supersmooth Body Buff - this is a very fine scrub that can be used to exfoliate. To be honest, I didn't use this product much as it's an extra step in an already rapid-fire shower timeframe, but I can see how it would be extra help to get rid of the "dead" skin cells. Lovely in combination with the body oil.

4/ Wonder-Full Balm - and how wonderful is this? I used it on my lips, cuticles, heels for instant comfort and instant relief. It comes in lipgloss type packaging that you could even carry around in your purse - not just limited to bath/shower time.

5/ Tummy Rub - now this is actually meant to help prevent stretch marks during and after pregnancy, so it's a little late for me. Mind you, despite the huge girth I developed while pregnant, I didn't have so many marks on my tummy, more on my thighs. I tried this anyway as it was the first product in the line. It would have been nice to have this around years ago. Lucky mommas have access to it now. Even if stretch marks aren't a problem, it's a nice oil that feels very luxurious. Love that tummy.

So, the good news is that the kind folks at the PR company have provided me with a giveaway package! You don't even have to be a supermama, it's just nice to treat your skin.

All you need to do is comment here between now and Sunday March 29 (because of March break, I'll keep this giveaway open for a couple of weeks), and you'll be entered to win the Smoothie (Spa at home) kit which includes:

1/ The shower cream
2/ The Supersmooth body buff
3/ O-Mega Body Oil
and as an added bonus, the Wonder-Full Balm.

(Giveaway is available to Canadian residents only.)

I'll pull the name (or more likely go high-tech with the random generator), and announce the winner on Monday March 30 (after March Break). Good luck!

7 comments:

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Oh pick me, pick me!!!

:)

It sounds great. And if I don't win, where can I purchase these products?

Pamela said...

count me in pls! =)

Sue said...

Can wrinkly sisters-in-law enter?
Sue

Beck said...

Well, shucks. You should pick me.

Karen MEG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cid said...

After this loooong winter my skin needs some pampering. Pick me, pick me!

Jess said...

I am ALWAYS on the lookout for new skin products - still searching for that elusive gotta-have-it stuff